Calling for Nominations
The Peter Morris Prize commemorates the contribution of Peter Morris to the maritime industry. The prize is awarded to an AMC alumnus who has made a significant contribution to the enhancement of the maritime industry in the area of safety, environmental responsibility or the development of international merchant shipping operations and standards.
The prize consists of an inscribed medal.
Nominees must be an Alumnus of the Australian Maritime College (AMC). All alumni (both International and Australian) are encourage to apply should you meet the criteria.
Contributions to the enhancement of the maritime industry may be demonstrated in a range of ways, such as:
- The development of relevant training programs
- Improved safety procedures
- Port and terminal operations
- Ship design or modifications
Allocation of the Award
The decision on the award for the current year will be made by the Principal.
The Principal may decide not to award the prize in any year if there is no nomination of sufficient merit, or to share the prize between two or more nominees.
Preparing your Nomination
- Download and print the Nomination Form (PDF 127.2KB)
- Complete the Nomination Form and include a Statement of approximately 1-2 pages in length in support of the nomination. Further relevant documentary evidence may also be submitted.
Nominations may be made by:
- self-nomination or
- nomination by another alumnus or staff member
Submitting the Nomination
- Complete the details on the Peter Morris Prize Nomination form
- Attach the Nomination Form (PDF 127.2KB), the Statement and any other relevant documentary evidence
- Submit the web form
Nominations close - COB Wednesday 30 November 2016.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Dr Elizabeth Vagg
T: +61 3 6324 9708