AMC will be taking over the callsign process from Monday 8 April 2019. In the interim the application process will be as follows:
- Applicants should email AMC Amateur Radio firstname.lastname@example.org including the word CALLSIGN and their last name in the subject line.
- The following information should be included:
- Licence class
- Preferred first, second and third letters
- AMC will then supply a list of available call signs based on the information supplied.
- Applicants can then complete the appropriate AMC Callsign Recommendation Form (below), as well as the ACMA Form Amateur 1 (PDF).
Please read the Policy and Procedures (PDF) document for further information about how to apply.
|Level Description||Form Download|
Next available callsign as appropriate for the licence type. Not selected from the Public List.
First and second preference from the Public List: both preferences are either a two letter callsign from VK 1, 5, 6, 7 or 8 or a three or four letter callsign in any State/Territory.
|Level 3||First and, if available, second preference two letter callsign from VK2, 3 or 4, selected from the Public List.|
Special event callsign (see Section 2) - this includes callsigns for VK9 and 0.
Repeater or beacon callsign.