AMC will be taking over the callsign process from Monday 8 April 2019. In the interim the application process will be as follows:
- Applicants should email AMC Amateur Radio email@example.com including the word CALLSIGN and their last name in the subject line.
- The following information should be included:
- Licence class
- Preferred first, second and third letters
- AMC will then supply a list of available call signs based on the information supplied.
- Applicants can then complete the appropriate AMC Callsign Recommendation Form (below), as well as the ACMA Form Amateur 1 (PDF).
Please read the Policy and Procedures (PDF) document for further information about how to apply.
How to apply
Allocation of Two Letter Callsigns
Please refer to the attached procedure for the allocation process and Level 3 Application Form. The fee for a Level 3 Callsign Recommendation is $60. Two letter Callsign Allocation Process
|Level Description||Form Download|
Next available callsign as appropriate for the licence type. Not selected from the Public List.
First and second preference from the Public List: both preferences are either a two letter callsign from VK 1, 5, 6, 7 or 8 or a three or four letter callsign in any State/Territory.
Special event callsign (see Section 2) - this includes callsigns for VK9 and 0.
Repeater or beacon callsign.