The Office of Maritime Communications at the Australian Maritime College is responsible for the management of all functions associated with marine radio examinations and certification services in Australia.
This includes the management of the invigilator network across Australia, production and distribution of the Marine Radio Operators Handbook, production and distribution of examination papers and certificates for:
- Long Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency (LROCP)
- Short Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP)
- Marine Satellite Communications Endorsement (MSCE or SATCOM)
The AMC is also responsible for reissuing certificates to holders who have lost or damaged certificates of proficiency.
Change of Certificate Names
As of first September 2015 our office commenced issuing certificates with the new names. The re-naming reflects ITU terminology and aligns the naming of Australian certificates with common world practice. With the updating of forms, documents and the website there may be some 'cross over' and confusion. We apologise and request that you have patience as we work through the changes. When applying for a replacement of the old named certificates, a certificate with the new name will be issued as they are considered to be equivalent.
- MROCP is now LROCP - Long Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency.
- MROVCP is now SROCP - Short Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency.
- MSCCE is now MSCE - Marine Satellite Communications Endorsement.
General Office Hours
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (excluding public holidays and Tasmania University days) .