To order a printed copy of the Marine Radio Operators and Marine VHF Radio Operators handbooks, please:
- Order and pay online (Please note: This link will take you through to the University of Tasmania payment page)
- For bulk handbook orders, email requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 365 262. OMC will calculate and advise postage.
From 1 August 2017 a practical component will be included in the examination process. Applicants should discuss the practical process with the invigilator conducting their examination.
The minimum requirements for the practical are:
- demonstrate the ability to use a marine radio, turn on and off, adjust volume, power, background noise and set channel;
- demonstrate a Mayday call and message;
- demonstrate log in, routine call, message and log out;
- demonstrate an understanding of digital selective calling operating procedures and distress alert; and
- demonstrate setting the channel for dual watch.